Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Reunited and it feels so good

September 14, 2014
Taylor and Krista visited me for the entire day and we didn't even get a single picture together. So here's this throwback beauty.


After meeting them at Penn Station, I showed them my dorm and took them on a tour of Chelsea, somewhere Krista has never been. I pointed out the office building that I reported to for NYFW Round 1, as well as the Porsche and Ferrari showroom across the street.
We walked The High Line from 23rd all the way to Washington Street, walked along 13th to 9th, 9th to Chelsea Market, and 10th to 23rd. 
Then we cut across to Madison Square Park to rest our feet and watch people walk their extremely cute dogs. We met a Rhodesian Ridgeback (it sounds like a dragon from Harry Potter) named Marlo. He was more interested in the Shake Shack bag that his owner was holding than mingling with us.
After sitting down for a bit, we noticed some really cool rhythmic music coming from a small stage set up on Madison Avenue. We walked over and discovered around the corner that it was the annual Muslim Day Festival and Parade. The music was really great to listen to, but it was unbelievably crowded so we wandered down Broadway to explore Soho. Taking a stop in DSW Union Square gave us time to figure out where to eat lunch. Oh darn. Affordable shoes. Everywhere you could possibly look. Needless to say I walked out with these beautiful rain boots.


We ate lunch at Cosi, which is sort of like Panera Bread, if I really had to compare it with something more familiar.
Thanks to Taylor's insane makeup skills, we had an excuse to stop in ELF Studio and Sephora. It isn't a visit to Soho without wandering around Topshop for quite some time, either. I fell in love with a plaid knit poncho there. Clearly not willing to pay the full $100 price, I reluctantly left it on the rack. Good thing, too, because the next day I found this similar one for only $24.99 at TJ Max and used a birthday gift card from last month on it!


We took the 6 train back uptown towards school, only to find that FIT's bookstore is closed on Sunday's. Poor Krista couldn't get her new sweatshirt. I guess that means another visit? Our best alternative to sweatshirt shopping was frozen yogurt shopping, so we stopped in Yogurtland on 7th. Krista is a vegan, so I was reluctant to suggest froyo to begin with, but they ended up having vegan chocolate sorbet, which Krista claims was delicious!
Sadly I couldn't get back on the train with them, but it was one of the best days I've had since I got here (aside from meeting David Beckham at his book launch for Belstaff. That's going to be very difficult to top). Thank you for an amazing day, ladies. See you soon.
Overheards
"It'll be my midnight snack." "It's 9:30" "Oh..."
"We don't have a magician program here."
"Anybody have a cat? Get rid of it."
"This is an old saying I just made up."

No comments:

Post a Comment