Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas in New York

I can proudly say I ventured Uptown three times just to see the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in a few short weeks. Even in New York, it can be difficult to get a feel for the holiday season without your family around. But a twenty block walk and there are feelings of Christmas all over. Often times it seems that New Yorkers are jaded by the things that so many travel to see each year (i.e.: Times Square, The Empire State Building, The Plaza...), but everyone and their cousin will make a stop by Rockefeller Center to get a glimpse of the tree each year. Between the tree, twinkling lights, charming windows at Saks Fifth Avenue, Christmas tunes playing inside Saint Patrick's Cathedral, there is something there that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.




4/5 of the best people from Nagler 5 




A rare selfie where I don't look over-posed

Bryant park is equally beautiful compared to Rockefeller Center, if not better because it doesn't draw in as massive a crowd. A few upsides of going to Bryant Park instead of Rockefeller Center are cheaper ice skating, fewer people, more delicious food vendors (I highly recommend the Empanadas from the vendor facing 42nd St!), and the charming shopping village full of unique and festive gifts for pretty much anyone you could possibly need a gift for. The New York Public Library is also right around the corner, which is probably the second-most beautiful library on the East Coast, second to the Library of Congress which I've only ever seen pictures of. Although it was raining when I ventured there, it is still remarkable and one of my favorite places to be. 




On move-out day, my family and I spent the day in the city together, wandering around Rockefeller Center for a bit before heading home for a much needed five week break. I was too busy taking Polaroids to take any pictures of my own that day, so these are all taken by my mom.










1 comment:

  1. Love this, I went to new york too

    check out todays blogmas
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete